Direct to Rust Metal Paint – Hammered Finish

Durable, corrosion resistant decorative coating for ferrous and non-ferrous metals, some plastics and timber. The decorative hammered appearance is smooth to the touch and sheds water well. It gives the metal a subtle hammered effect with a metallic sheen. Hammerite Direct to Rust Metal Paint is specially formulated to perform as a primer, undercoat and top coat in one. It can be painted directly onto rusty surfaces. It is ideal for a wide range of metal surfaces including pipes, trailers, gates, railings and garden furniture.

  • Apply directly onto rusty metal
  • No need for a primer or undercoat
  • Corrosion resistant
  • Forms a superior barrier that not only seals out moisture but gives long lasting protection both inside and out
  • The hammered effect is ideal for coating imperfections on the metal
Available colors
  • HolderHammered Charcoal
  • HolderHammered Black
  • HolderDark Green
  • HolderHammered Gold
  • HolderCopper
  • HolderHammered Red
  • HolderHammered White
  • HolderHammered Silver
  • HolderHammered Navy Blue
Colours can look slightly different in real life, due to your monitor
  • Drying timeTouch dry in 1-2 hours
  • Usage Exterior
  • Application type Lacquer


  • Direct to Rust
Direct to Rust Metal Paint – Hammered Finish can be used for:
  • Fence
  • Garage door
  • Garden furniture
  • Metal Door
  • Metal gate


Finish Hammered
Coverage upto 5m2/L
Durability Provides up to 8 years protection
Container Available in 250ml, 750m, 2.5L and 5L in certain colours
Repaintable after Recoatable after 4 hours

Write a review and help others decide. We will be very grateful.

Store locator

Please note Hammerite is not yet available on-line: you can buy Hammerite in DIY or specialty shops You can find a shop near you:

Available in the following webshops

Place on shopping list or Add to compare Keep track of the products you want to buy

Frequently asked questions

View all frequently asked questions

Ask an expert

Got a question that hasn't been answered?

Ask an expert