When you want to add some colour to your garden Hammerite Metal Paint is ideal for decorating everyday metal items such as pots and planters. Follow this guide for instructions on how to add colour to your garden.
- Clean the surface of the metal pot to remove any dirt, dust or grease.
- If the surface of the metal is very smooth, lightly abrade for maximum adhesion.
- If the pot is made from bare zinc, aluminium or galvanised metal use Hammerite Direct to Galvanised Metal Paint. Otherwise use Hammerite Direct to Rust Metal Paint in Smooth finish.
- Cover the surrounding area with dust sheets or newspaper to catch any spills or drips.
- Stir the paint thoroughly with a stirring stick before applying with a good quality brush. Keep stirring the paint regularly.
- Begin with one thin layer and leave to dry for the time specified on back of tin before applying a second coat.