Lantern Garden Delights
There are plenty of metal objects which can be made into something new with help of Hammerite Direct to Rust Metal Paint. These metal lanterns were looking the worse for wear, but by painting them with Hammerite metal paint they have been were turned into a beautiful for the home or garden.
- First, remove all loose rust and flaking paint from the lanterns using a wire brush or coarse sandpaper.
- Wash down thoroughly with diluted detergent, rinse with clean water and allow to dry. This ensures the removal of any grease, dirt or dust which might prevent the paint from adhering to the metal.
- If the lantern is made from bare zinc, aluminium or galvanised metal, use Hammerite Direct to Galvanised Metal Paint, otherwise we used Hammerite Direct to Rust Metal Paint in Smooth, Satin or Hammered finish.
- Wherever you are painting the lanterns, ensure that the ground and surrounding area are protected with a dust sheet or newspaper to catch any spills or drips.
- Apply paint using a good quality brush. Two thin coats will achieve the best look, but leave to dry for 4 hours before applying the second coat.
- Some finishes also come in an Aerosol for spraying.