Upcycle a Bed
Instead of throwing out furniture think about giving it a make over. Metal furniture looks great around the home. Co-ordinating several items by painting them creates a united colour scheme. If you have a piece of metal furniture that needs to be revamped, whether it is rusted, has flaking paint or needs a colour change, then Hammerite Metal Paint is ideal.
- Metal bed frames are easily transformed with Hammerite Direct to Rust Metal Paint in Smooth Finish.
- Begin by preparing the surface for paint. Abrade with a wire brush or sandpaper to remove any flaking paint or rust.
- Wash down with a mild detergent and water. Ensure all detergent is rinsed away and leave to dry completely before continuing.
- Stir metal paint thoroughly before using a good quality brush to apply a thin coat to the bed frame.
- Leave to dry for time specified on back of tin. Apply a second thin coat.